We’re working with a thriving tech solutions company in the West Midlands, in search of an Server & Infrastructure Engineer/Technician for their next essential hire.
Our client has grown steadily in recent years to become, arguably one of the leading IT Service Providers serving clients across the UK and Ireland. Having built an enviable support team of highly qualified and competent IT advisors and technicians, they are now looking to further strengthen their team. They are searching for an experienced Server Infrastructure Engineer with the desire to progress into a key management but hands-on role.
The Server & Infrastructure Engineer will be a key member of the team, working alongside the management team to shape the strategy and long-term development of the business. Using best-in-class tools to proactively support their diverse and fast-growing client base, the successful candidate will deliver excellent technical solutions and help provide outstanding customer service.
Does this sound like you?
You will have strong industry skills and experience providing level 3 support. You steer towards a challenge, rather than around it and have a passion for solving problems head-on. You take ownership of your work and poses a drive to develop your career in a meaningful way; with a desire to progress into a managerial position.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced business that is big enough to provide long term security and career development, but small enough for you to drive impact, then this opportunity could be for you. They offer generous remuneration, commensurate with experience and qualifications, and support you with additional qualifications and career development.
Responsibilities for the Server & Infrastructure Engineer (Infrastructure, Windows, VMWare, Citric, Hyper V, Office 365, San Storage, Cisco):
- Assist the Solutions Architect and Senior Management Team with setting up and maintaining key Customer environments and systems
- Continue the development of the Citrix environment which sits on VMware platform in multiple datacentres and on-board new clients when appropriate into the secure environment (a practical hands-on approach will be required)
- Assist the business in the strategic and operational development of IT Services
- Support and liaise with BAU Operational Teams after implementations or assist in complex issues
- Scoping and implementing upgrades to new and existing platform
- Providing pro-active support & continuous improvement across all solutions
- Troubleshooting & problem-solving technical issues or providing technical assistance/advice as required
Requirements for the Server and infrastructure Engineer (Infrastructure, Windows, VMWare, Citric, Hyper V, Office 365, San Storage, Cisco):
*(Note: Whilst you may not be exposed to some of these requirements our client expects that a strong Server & Infrastructure technician will have the ability to pick these up quickly)*
- Proven experience in managing an Enterprise class Infrastructure
- Experience of Windows Server 2016 / 2019 and Virtualised Servers, SAN and Hyper-V / Hyper Converged Technologies
- Experience of working in pressurised environment with complex design and troubleshooting
- Ability to build and maintain vSphere and Citrix environments from the ground up ‘unassisted’
- Firewalls – Cisco ASA, pfSense, Shared iSCSI Storage – DELL EMC, Linux Server OS, Web Servers – IIS,
- Virtualisation – VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Group Policy, Powershell, Load Balancers – Citrix NetScaler, Virtual Desktop – Citrix XenApp, Xen Desktop, Microsoft RDS
- Backup & Recovery – Veeam, Network Switches & Routers – Sophos XG, Cisco
- Public Cloud – Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS
- Web Applications – Confluence, Git, PHP, Reverse Proxy, LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- System Monitoring & Reporting – Icinga, Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana
Microsoft MCSE – Windows Server, VMware VCP – Datacenter Virtualisation, Citrix CCP – Virtualisation, Cisco CCNA – Routing & Switching
- Excellent Competitive Salary, up to £55k pa
- Bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Ongoing structured training and career development
Working Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday-Friday (flexible)